Sunday, May 02, 2010

Check Out This Book: What the Dog Saw

I've been a fan of Malcolm Gladwell, ever since I read The Tipping Point. He has an incredible writing talent, that grabs you from the first page. He writes about why we are the way we are and why things are the way they are; and why things we believe are true are actually myths.

His latest book, What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures, has over 20 different real life stories that will keep you captivated. Who would have thought that I would have found a chapter about hair dye or a chapter about ketchup interesting.

My favorite chapters were the ones on Nassim Taleb's Investment Strategy and Enron. I may not agree with 100% of what he says, but the 98% that I do agree with is excellent.

By the way, the name of the book? I'm not going to tell you. You will just have to read Chapter 7 (which is another one of my favorite chapters).

What the Dog Saw is a book that I highly recommend. The book is also available in Spanish as Lo que vio el perro / What the Dog Saw (Spanish Edition) and as an audio book on CD as What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures [AUDIOBOOK] [UNABRIDGED] (Audio CD). (I have become a great fan of audio books, putting my driving time to good use as an alternative to talking on the phone.)

By Stockerblog.com

No comments: