Sunday, February 25, 2007

Is Donald Trump resorting to Spam Email?

I just received the following email in my personal mailbox, the one I use for friends and family, not the one I use for business or investing. When you read through it, you will see that the first half looks like a come-on for joining a multilevel sales organization. Normally I trash these types of emails without even looking at them. However, this time when I saw the name Trump in the return address, I thought maybe some fly-by-night was trying to use the trump name, so I thought I would take a look at it.

Donald Trump is the founder of Trump Entertainment Resorts Inc. (TRMP) and is also the chairman of Trump University. The letter is supposedly from the president of Trump University, and when I did a mouseover the link where it says The Trump Advantage Club [the $29.95 per month service they were trying to promote], sure enough it shows a link to the trumpuniversity dot com server. A mouseover the "I Accept!" link shows the same link to Trump University. I wouldn't have thought that Donald Trump or his organizations would have stooped to spamming.

One more interesting thing about this email. It came from trumppartner@trumploans.com. When I went to trumploans.com, it forwarded to trumpmortgage.com, which has a home page with two pictures of The Donald. I guess Trump is now in the mortgage business.


Subject: Want Some Financial Advice?
Date: 2/24/2007 3:40:46 PM Pacific Standard Time
From: trumppartner@trumploans.com

An Exclusive Invitation to Be Part of the Greatest Success Story of All - Yours

I Accept!

I would like to ask you three questions.
If I told you that a limited number of memberships had just become available in one of the most exclusive organizations ever founded, would you want to join?
What if I assured you that if you joined, you would potentially undergo a personal financial rebirth in the next 12 months?
Suppose that as a member of this exclusive club, you would have the same kind of support staff that is usually retained by the ultra-rich?
And suppose I told you that all those benefits, plus more, could be yours for a monthly fee of $29.95?

That organization exists now, and you can join. It's called The Trump Advantage Club. But before I formally invite you to become a member, you no doubt have a few questions of your own about it.

Do you accept our invitation? To get the advantage you need to succeed, register online to join or call 1(877) 508-7867.

How Can All Those Benefits Be Possible At That Price?

More than a year ago, Donald J. Trump and his faculty of experts got together to plan The Trump Advantage Club. They explored whether it was possible to provide all of the benefits listed above, even more, if possible, for a fee that would not exclude anyone.

They soon realized that it was possible to provide all those benefits for a reasonable price. How? Simply by allowing that staff of
experts to share their advice with a pool of members, instead of with just one paying client.

Want to be a part of Donald Trump's exclusive club? To have a team of financial experts you can turn to 24/7, register online to join or call 1(877) 508-7867.

And The Story Gets Even Better
In addition to the exclusive benefits I describe above, here are some additional advantages that we built into The Trump Advantage Club:

A subscription to Trump University Advantage Magazine (Valued at $10.00 an issue)
Personal financial hotlines (Valued at $29.00 monthly)
Exclusive monthly teleconferences for members only (Valued at $40.00 per teleconference)
A members-only resource center (Valued at $89.00)
A free copy of Donald Trump's landmark book, Trump 101 (Valued at $15.00)

Will You Let This Opportunity Pass You By?

I don't think you should.

Join me in The Trump Advantage Club online or by calling 1(877) 508-7867. And before you or I know it, I will see you at the top. The journey will be tremendous.

To your success,

Michael Sexton
President
Trump University

--
If you do not want to receive any more newsletters visit this link

To update your preferences and to unsubscribe visit this link

powered by phplist v 2.10.4, © tincan ltd


Author owns TRMP.

No comments: